What matters needing attention are there in changing pots for potted flowers? What is the specific method?
As the flower plants grow up, the small pots are gradually covered with roots, so it is necessary to switch to larger flowerpots and add some culture soil in order to make flowers get enough nutrients, also known as turning pots. Generally in 1-2 years later will begin to change pots, potted flowers change pots what matters needing attention? What matters needing attention are there in changing pots for potted flowers?
Matters needing attention for changing pots of potted flowers
1. When changing pots, plant roots should carry as much soil as possible to avoid bare roots; this is because transplanting with soil is easier to survive than transplanting with bare roots.
2. When changing pots, if the original flowerpot is a soft plastic pot (or paper cup), it is recommended to cut it so that it will not hurt the root system of the plant.
3. Do not change the basin continuously in a short period of time. For general plants, the interval between the two changes should be at least half a year or even longer; but for plants in seedling breeding, there are special circumstances, depending on the growth of the seedlings, the seedlings can be changed after a circle of growth. this can be changed frequently.
4. The time to change the basin depends on the season. It is suitable for spring and autumn, and for some plants, winter is also suitable. But in any case, do not change the basin at the height of summer. The high temperature after changing the basin will not only affect the slow seedling, but also make it die faster.
5. Change the basin to see the growth of plants. It is suitable to be carried out in the dormant period and the early stage of plant growth, and changing pots in these two stages has little effect on plant growth. It is not suitable to be carried out in the vigorous period of plant growth, bud stage, flowering stage and fruiting period. changing pots in this period will affect the growth and let the plants miss the growth period, or let the plants that should be flowering miss the flowering period, and the consequences are very serious. For plants that are in the slow seedling stage, do not change, because the flowers are fundamentally damaged, and changing again at this time will cause secondary damage and make the slow seedling period infinitely longer (which should have been recovered in a few days, forced to delay to more than ten days or more). If the pot change season is not suitable, in the midsummer season, you may even die directly as a result.
The method of changing pots for potted flowers
1. Knock off the edge
In the process of making flowerpots, the bottom hole of the flowerpot often has an upward edge. If this edge is not removed, it will affect the drainage in the rainy season, so it should be knocked off when changing the pot.
2. Cut off the old root
When changing the basin, the soil of the root system must be cut off with sharp scissors to cut off the outer layer of the old root, and the topsoil of the root system should also be dug loose. Otherwise, the root system curls around the basin wall and does not extend, so it is easy to be affected by drought, waterlogging and heat changes, and the plants often do not develop well.
3. Compaction of basin soil
After changing the basin of the new soil, the basin soil must be compacted to avoid caves in the basin soil after watering, which will affect the root system to absorb water. Moreover, the watering mouth must be set aside, and there should not be a place to stop the water because the basin is full of soil.
4. watering should be thorough
The fixed root water must be thoroughly watered, and the water should be seen to flow out from the bottom of the basin. This is because there is a gap between the new soil and the old soil and the roots of plants. Only when these new soils are watered can they be settled, can they be combined with the roots of plants, and are conducive to the absorption of water and nutrients by plants. Second, half an hour after watering, water again, so that the soil can be completely solid, leaving no space.
Third, after watering the roots, put the plants in a cool place (not used in winter) to avoid sunlight and stop watering until the soil is dry. If the plant is always watered after the new transplant, the plant can not breathe and the root is easy to rot and die.
Fourth, the root water must be watered, even if it rains, because if Rain Water is small, it is very difficult to make the soil solid, it will make the top wet and the bottom dry, and the plants will die easily.