What are the common pruning methods of flower bonsai
1. Coring and pruning: coring and pruning is a common method of pruning flowers and plants. If you think the tree is growing too vigorously and want to restrain it, or in order to promote the sprouting of axillary buds to increase the number of branches, we can use fingers or scissors to remove the growing points of shoots.
two。 Peeling buds: peeling buds is also a common method of plant pruning. On the base or trunk of flowers and trees, some adventitious buds often occur. These adventitious buds need to be removed in time. If they are not erased, they not only consume nutrients, but also disturb the tree shape. Should be removed by hand before the tender buds are lignified.
3. Picking flowers and fruits: picking flowers and fruits is also a common pruning method, for young flowers and trees or weak flowers and trees, in order to reduce the nutrient consumption of flowers and plants, promote their vegetative growth, often do not make them blossom, or reduce the number of flowers, remove part or all of the buds. Some large flower varieties, sometimes in order to concentrate nutrients, to promote bright colors, large flowers, too many buds can be removed, such as rose, camellia, peony, peony, chrysanthemum, Dali flower and so on.
For some ornamental fruit plants, if there are too many buds or young fruits, part of the young fruits should be removed as soon as possible, which can not only increase the fruit, but also promote the growth of new shoots and lay a good foundation for the next year's fruit.
4. Picking and cutting leaves: picking leaves and cutting leaves are commonly used pruning methods for flowers and plants. For evergreen flowers and trees and when transplanting flowers and trees during the growing season, part of the leaves must be removed, or 1/3 to 1/2 of each leaf must be cut off. Most of the flowers and plants that are often pruned in this way are foliage plants, such as the common chicken-claw maple, which can promote the occurrence of new leaves by cutting off the old leaves, which will become more beautiful. Maples can also pick old leaves once a year, usually after the spring leaves are old in summer.
And Chinese wolfberry can pick leaves twice a year, the first time in early summer and the second in early autumn. Fertilizer and water are usually applied before picking leaves. It is not suitable to pick leaves for conifers.
5. Pruning, pruning should be considered not only can not affect the normal night of flowers and trees, but also must be careful not to damage the posture of flowers and trees. The method of pruning is generally sawed off for the thicker ones and cut off for the finer ones.
Trim the cut to be smooth and face down as far as possible. The lower end of the cut is in line with the bud on the back. The wound is bandaged with plastic film to prevent moisture and bacteria from invading and causing decay. No matter how thin the branches are, the incisions should be level with the branches, and no short piles should be left.
6. Root pruning, root pruning is generally in the bare root transplanting of flowers and trees, the main root can be cut before transplanting, which can promote the occurrence of lateral hatred. Some damaged roots, old roots and dead roots are generally cut off, and the cut is required to be smooth.
Generally speaking, the root pruning of potted flowers is often combined with the change of pots.