Hard to root bonsai flowers can try these methods
To promote the rooting of Milan, crape myrtle, honeysuckle, honeysuckle, sweet-scented osmanthus, camellia, rhododendron, magnolia and other flowers and trees that are difficult to take root, in addition to using auxins such as acetic acid, some economical and simple methods can also be used to promote rooting.
1. Soak in potassium permanganate solution. Soak the 2cm at the base of the cuttings in 0.1% Mel 0.5% potassium permanganate solution for 12-24 hours, and then take out the cuttings to promote rooting.
2. Cuttings treated with white sugar solution. With different kinds of flowers, the concentration of sugar solution is also different. The concentration of herbaceous flowers and woody flowers is 2%, 5% and 10%, respectively. Soak the 2cm at the base of the cuttings in sugar solution for 24 hours, then rinse the sugar solution on the outside of the cuttings with clean water before cutting.
3. Medical vitamin B12. Dilute the injection of medical vitamin B12 with 1 times cold boiled water, soak the base of the cuttings into it, take it out after about 5 minutes, hang it for a while, and then cut it after the solution is absorbed.
4. Girdling. During the growth period, the base of the branch was girdled or bound with iron wire, so that a large amount of nutrients accumulated in the ring peeling site, and cutting along the ring peeling place in the dormant period could promote rooting.
5. Cutting with heel. When cutting cuttings of flowers and trees such as camellia, sweet-scented osmanthus and figs, the base of the cuttings can be put on a little last year's branches, then it is easy to take root.
6. Increase the temperature at the bottom of the cutting bed. If the pot is inserted, it can be placed on a wooden radiator or fire pit in winter. Using electric hotbed for cutting, the effect is better.
If you need to promote the rooting of a large number of flowers that are difficult to take root, soak the base of the twig in a solution with a concentration of 0.005% with ABT rooting powder for 0.5-1 hour, and immediately insert it into the matrix. Its rooting effect is better than that of acetic acid and indolebutyric acid.
Root is the basis of tree growth, without root growth, there will be no other parts of the growth. The optimum temperature for root growth is 15: 35 ℃, and the best temperature is 25 ℃.
The growth of roots is generally earlier than that of leaves, and there are stumps in which leaves grow earlier than roots, but their potential is weak and depends on the nutrients of the stump itself. The stump growth mode of the first leaf after the root is less, and its growth is not as good as that of the first root and then the leaf.
The root first wakes up in early spring, germinates earlier, absorbs nutrients and supplies leaves to sprout and grow. This firm branch is prosperous, the root is deep and the leaf is luxuriant, after the leaf grows, carries on the photosynthesis, absorbs the energy from the sunlight and the carbon dioxide interaction, absorbs the nutrient and water with the root.
Through metabolism, energy is used for consumption and accumulation. Only with sufficient nutrients and more photosynthetic energy, the tree can grow rapidly. If the root system is not sound, the aboveground part cannot prosper: if the aboveground part does not prosper, the root system will not develop. There is a correlation between the growth of roots and leaves, that is, the ratio of roots to leaves, more leaves, more leaves, the cultivation of roots can not be separated from the cultivation of leaves, and the cultivation of leaves can not be separated from the cultivation of roots.