How to plant the latest tulips?
Tulip is a perennial bulb flower of the genus Tulip of Liliaceae, which is no stranger to everyone. It generally forms an overall color block landscape for people to watch. Medium and dwarf varieties of tulips can be potted. They are deeply loved by people because of their elegant appearance and pure color. It is an important ornamental flower in early spring garden, but many people do not know how to raise tulips. Let's take a look!
Selection and purchase method of Tulip seed Ball
1. To select a pure variety, no disease and insect harm, no damage, because the circumference of the bulb requires more than 8cm, 6cm will not blossom, 6cm flowering is not guaranteed, the bulb can be divided into four grades according to its perimeter, the first class is more than 12cm (diameter 3.8cm), the second class 11cm 12cm (3.5cm 3.8cm), the third grade 10cm 11cm (3.2cm 3.5cm), and less than 10cm (3.2cm 3.5cm).
2. The dark color of the bulb is red, and the light color is light yellow or white. It is also necessary to ask whether it is an imported ball, a domestic ball, a normal temperature ball or a low temperature ball. Normal temperature bulb is a kind of bulb without low temperature treatment, after planting through the natural low temperature period, flowering from mid-late March to early April.
Planting method of Tulip bulb
1. Low temperature treatment: put the seed bulb in the refrigerator at a temperature of 4 ℃ ~ 9 ℃, and then take it out and plant it two months later, or plant it directly in a basin and put it in the refrigerator, and prepare a flower box or 5-inch flowerpot about 70 centimeters long.
2. Soil selection: it is best to use peat soil entirely.
3. Planting density: the long flowerbox can plant five bulbs in two rows and plant each bulb at a distance of 8 centimeters apart, while a 5-inch pot can plant three bulbs.
4. Planting method: when planting, the convex part of the bulb is facing up, and the flatter side is planted in the same direction, then the leaves will grow neatly and the leaves will be more beautiful. After planting the bulb, cover the soil with the surface layer and make the long-term fertilizer such as fairy fertilizer and magic fertilizer as base fertilizer and pour enough water.
Methods of maintenance and management of tulips
1. Soil: tulips require both water retention and air permeability, the salinity should not be too high, and the pH value should not be less than 6. The mixture of peat, mature soil and sand with 1 ∶ 1 ∶ 1 as cultivation medium has a better effect.
2. Sunlight: sufficient sunlight is necessary for the growth of tulips. Insufficient sunlight will cause poor plant growth, cause sprouting, plant weakening, lighter leaf color and shorter flowering period. But tulips on the pot after more than half a month, should be properly shaded, in order to facilitate the growth of new roots. In addition, during germination, the elongation of flower buds is inhibited by light. Shading can promote the elongation of flower buds and prevent the early vegetative growth from growing too fast. After emergence, light should be increased to promote plant jointing, form buds and promote coloring. After the buds are fully colored in the later stage, direct sunlight should be prevented and the flowering time should be prolonged.
3. Temperature: tulips prefer warm winters and cool summers, and the optimum temperature for growth is 9-13 ℃. Strong cold resistance, can withstand the low temperature of-35 ℃ in winter.
4. Watering: water should be watered thoroughly after planting, so that the soil and seed bulbs can be fully and closely combined to facilitate rooting, water should be properly controlled after budding, leaves can be gradually elongated, water can be sprayed on the leaf surface to increase air humidity, and adequate water supply should be ensured at bolting and budding stages to promote the full development of flowers and proper water control after flowering.
5, fertilization: tulips do not have high requirements for fertilizer, if the growth potential is weak, you can apply some nitrogen fertilizer. When the root system is well developed, 2 kg of calcium nitrate is applied every 100 square meters, spread in three times, each time at an interval of more than one week.
6. Insect pests: the pathogens of tulip diseases and insect pests can be carried by the seed ball or by the soil, which mostly occur in the environment of high temperature and high humidity. the main diseases are stem rot, soft rot, broken color disease, quenching disease, blind bud and so on. most of the pests are aphids. Adequate soil disinfection should be carried out before planting, virus-free bulbs should be selected as far as possible, diseased plants should be dug up and destroyed in time, and fungicides should be poured once or twice in the growth process of the greenhouse, the effect is better; good ventilation should be maintained to prevent high temperature and humidity; when aphids occur, 3% natural pyrethrum can be sprayed 800 times.
The latest propagation methods of tulips
The propagation methods of tulip include bulb propagation, seed propagation and tissue culture. the latter two methods take a long time (seed propagation takes 5 years to blossom) and high cost, except for special uses such as breeding new varieties, detoxification and so on. the method of bulb propagation is generally adopted.
The latest South African marigold planting techniques and methods course
South African marigold is a perennial herbaceous flower with perennial roots of Compositae, which is native to South Africa. In recent years, it has been introduced to China from abroad for cultivation of 2012 grass flowers. It is a rare flower material whether it is used as a potted flower desk or as landscaping in early spring. Let's do it together.